Wednesday, November 2, 2011

He Had Touched Everyone's Heart


I recently had the opportunity to conduct the funeral service of a prominent corporate figure in town.  He was a successful entrepreneur, a philanthropist, an educationist, a loving husband and a great father, he is the late Mr Chew.

The two nights wake service saw almost 400 people turning up nightly to pay tribute to this great man.  All the three VIP parlors and the foyers on the second floor were set up for the memorial service and they were all connected with multi-projector and screen system to facilitate prayers and sermons conducted by the Pastors from Evangelical Free Church, Petaling Jaya.  This is certainly one of the largest congregations our center has received.

Nirvana has accorded special attention to this particular case and mobilized additional support staff as well as infrastructure to cater to the additional needs of the large attendance during the wake service.  In addition, the Management has specially assigned a funeral honour team to accord the Late Mr Chew a grand send off during the funeral procession.

In my years of experience dealing with families' bereavement, this is the only time that I witnessed so many who were present mourned over a person with such deep emotion and even wept openly in groups.  They shared their loss and grief together with the family members.  Rendering their emotional support to the wife and the children at this pivotal moments. It is a touching scene to many.

While reminiscing such a respectful and captivating personality, it suddenly dawned on me an Obituary that I picked up in one of the dailies which read:




Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.


Precisely, Mr Chew, you did not die, your legacy continues in every contribution and achievement that you have made along the journey of your life and they will live on in the hearts of the people whom you have touched ...




  


 





















************************************************************************

MAXIMUM SEATING CAPACITY OF HALL 21, 22, 23 & FOYERS
LEVEL 2 
NIRVANA MEMORIAL CENTER










No comments: