Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Life Goes On ...

On some official matters, I paid a visit to Mrs Cheng recently.  It has been three years since her husband's departure, but tears still flow freely down her face while we sat down reminiscing how we met.  

Everything was just like yesterday,  recalling the moment I dashed to the hospital after receiving a call from Mr Cheng's secretary and saw that the deceased was my client himself, I brokedown.

He was such a nice man, spoke to me at an eatery together with his family, advising me to work hard while I am still young and just be myself, that, my customers will appreciate every effort I made for them.  No need to deliberately enhance your caliber, they will "see" it themselves, said the late Mr Cheng.  He was relating to me that he had read all the postings in my blog, that I need not "introduce" much of myself, he had read enough to make a judgement based on my writings.  Mr Cheng bought two units of double urn compartments for himself, wife and children.  And I distinctly remembered him saying, "Jenny, this money I paid is sufficient for me to buy a car, and I have decided to use it for these compartments." Jovially he cited how he willingly spent his money and planned ahead for his family.  

But then, he succummed to a massive heart attack at home after a hard day's work one evening.  There were no warning signs and no symptoms of it coming,  and no goodbye to his family, it all happened before the family dinner table.  He died in the arms of his son in a car upon arrival at the emergency entrance of the hospital.

It was a total meltdown for Mrs Cheng when she learned of the news.  She collapsed and was immediately put under drips by the doctor at the emergency ward while I was running helter skelter to meet Mr Cheng's secretary and try to come to term with what had happened.

Finally found Mrs Cheng inside the ward and she was grasping to speak and whaling at the same time.  She told me to help her, help her to manage her husband's funeral, and that she is very helpless... I could still hear the escalating beeping tone of the machine indicating her blood pressure shooting up.  The nurse told me to let her rest or else she could not be discharged for everything else that needed her presence... Gosh, that was the most daunting moment that I doubted God for not showing his mercy on her!

Mrs Cheng was accompanied by her children and managed to settle down with her emotions and gave her husband a much dignified farewell.  Though the memory is very painful but to her, the funeral was a proper closure to his untimely departure. 

Today, she is a picture of calm and a charming woman, who spares her time working in a friend's boutique. I couldn't hold back but to praise her that she has moved on in God's grace and that glow in her face tells us that life has been kind.

富貴山莊 | nirvana | nirvana funeral package | nirvana promotions

No comments: